martes, 24 de agosto de 2010

ARTE Y CULTURA


Rankin x Toby Kebbell
The 'RocknRolla' actor - shot by Rankin for Dazed's September issue - recites his favourite poem, 'A Poison Tree' by William Blake, and explains its importance to him

Toby Kebbell made his international name as the crack-addicted musician Johnny Quid in Guy Richtie's 'RocknRolla', after impressively portraying the swearing Joy Divison manager Rob Gretton in 'Control'. So the 28-year-old's image - at least professionally - has always been a rough and tough one. This film - shot by Rankin for Kebbell's September issue interview with Dazed - shows a softer side to the Nottingham-born actor. Reading out his favourite poem, 'A Poison Tree' by William Blake, Kebbell explains how it has come to mean so much to him and how he interprets the poem, which was written by Blake in 1794.

'A Poison Tree' by William Blake: 'I was angry with my friend: I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe; I told it not, my wrath did grow. And I water'd it in fears, Night & morning with my tears; And I sunned it with my smiles And with soft deceitful wiles.'

Photography by Rankin
Text by Dazed Digital


No hay comentarios:

Related Posts with Thumbnails